Terms and Conditions
Helford River Cottages (HRC) act as letting agents for owners of the cottages and the contract accepted shall be between the booking form signatory and the owner of the property. Under no circumstances may more people or pets other than those notified to HRC occupy the property.
In the event of cancellation of your holiday, the full rent remains payable, although HRC will make every effort to re-let the property. We strongly recommend that you insure against this possibility by taking out insurance when your booking is accepted – please do this.
In the event of fire, flood, windstorm or any other natural disaster or any other cause beyond the control of the owner of the property, the property is not fit for occupation on the date booked, all monies paid to Helford River Cottages will be refunded to the client and both parties will be released from their respective obligations under this agreement.
Please note the Cornish climate is damp and all of our properties are beside the water. If you feel this may cause you a health concern please get in touch with us. Helford is in a rural fishing community where peoples livelihoods require early mornings or late evenings, so please be patient when it comes to sounds and smells, it’s all part of country living. All our properties are individually owned and are decorated and furnished to the individual’s taste.
Long weekends and shortbreaks are possible early and late season. Deposit of 25% of the total rent is payable at the time of
booking,the balance to be paid NOT LATER THAN 6 WEEKS BEFORE HOLIDAY BEGINS, no reminders sent, all cheques
payable to Helford River Cottages. Tenancies are from 3 PM on day of arrival until 10 AM on day of departure unless special
arrangements have been made. Cots and high chairs usually available by arrangement (No cot linen) , electricity charged by meter
reading in most cottages. £150 refundable security deposit now required for all cottages in addition to weekly charge below.
You must agree to the following charters before making your booking:
Bringing a Dog
Helford is a great place to bring your dog on holiday with lots of outdoor space and some superb walks around the coast where you can get out and enjoy the fresh air, whatever the weather. You will find some information on walks in the information folder when you arrive at your cottage.
There is a housekeeping charge for bringing you dog to our cottages of £20 per dog per week and this is paid directly to the housekeeper & owners for the extra cleaning required & wear & tear to the property.
1) Please bring your own dog bed(s) and blanket(s).
2) Please keep dogs downstairs and off all furniture.
3) Please bring old towels for wet/muddy walks and clean your dog BEFORE re-entering the cottage.
4) Please highlight any damage before you leave so we can address the situation together.
5) Please return the cottage to how you found it.
6) Your Dog MUST NOT visit any other HRC cottages as some do not allow dogs and must be kept strictly dog free for our other guests/owners.
7) Please ensure all dog waste is removed from the garden before you leave.
8) Dogs MUST NOT be left unattended in a cottage as this may cause stress to the dog and damage to the cottage.
We want our Canine Friends to visit Helford and enjoy all the fun of the Creeks and Woods but we must be mindful of our owner’s cottages. Please treat them with care and respect and we will be able to continue welcoming our four legged friends to Helford in the future.
Housekeeping – Upon your Departure
At HRC we endeavour to provide high standards within our cottages and kindly ask that our cottages are treated with the same love and care guests show to their own homes. We will ensure that cottages are clean and presentable upon your arrival and we respectfully ask that they are departed in a similar condition. Our housekeepers only have a few hours to turn our cottages around between guests so to ensure a prompt check in we please ask the following.
1) Please leave the cottage in the same tidy condition you found it in.
2) Please strip the used beds – this way we all do our bit for the environment and only wash the necessary linen. Please leave dirty laundry (including towels/tea towels, etc) in the bath.
3) Please return furniture to the correct room – our housekeepers work alone and may struggle with large pieces.
4) The Kitchen – please tidy away your breakfast things and load the dishwasher if appropriate.
5) Please bring any damages / breakages to our attention BEFORE you leave so that we can discuss their repair/replacement together.